My family

My family

Monday, October 29, 2012

Two weekends we kept little Miss Ruby while her mommy and daddy had a weekend to themselves ;) I was glad to keep her and Jake was glad too! They had a big time.

Last week was pretty slow and we had a lot of down time at home. Just what we needed.  Jake has been teething and running a low grade fever, poor little guy. It doesn’t get him down though. He was still running wild and chasing Lola as usual. That boy has been making me laugh so much!!! It’s like he says something new every day and I don’t know where he gets it!!

All the “Halloween” stuff going on, tv shows, stores, décor, etc…. has Jake all excited. Last year he didn’t care. Finally he is starting to get into the “holidays” somewhat. Although he doesn’t understand what they mean or stand for, it’s still so cute. He is acting “scared” and telling me he is scared. Which is funny but it’s not. I put up a door hanger with scary pumpkins, ghosts, and cats. He tells me to take it down hahaha… but loves it too. He talks SO well but can’t say his S’s. So, he will say “momma is that cary (scary)”? “Momma I want a nack (snack)”.  I will tell him to pick out his books before bedtime and even though all the lights in the house are on, he knows it’s dark outside, so he will say “you go momma… I’m cared” LOL! I have no idea why is he “cared”… we don’t watch scary stuff or talk about monsters… I guess kids just pick up that stuff.
I love how Jake tells me what he is feeling. It doesn’t matter if he just got a spankin’, sad about a show, mad at his toys/friends, scared, etc. He always tells me what’s wrong when I ask and sometimes when I don’t ask ha! When he gets in trouble sometimes he will blow it off and keep playing, sometimes he will cry super hard. I will pick him up and talk like an adult (I can’t stand baby talk after a certain age…) and I will say “tell me what’s wrong and why you are crying” and he will say “Because…. I’m mad” (or sad). If I’m sad he will say “are you sad momma” with a concerned look on his face… so precious. Now that I’m thinking of it… he can say “sad”… but not “scared” I guess it’s the “sc”. I know this is a lot of random boring stuff to whoever may be reading – but I do this blog for myself as a diary somewhat. ;)

This past weekend we stayed home and never left! So nice. Our sweet friends came out Sat night and painted pumpkins and ate and had a fun, relaxing evening. Jake got to play with his buddies… he talked about them all day and was beside himself that they were coming over. Jake helped me make cupcakes and decorated them himself. He said “Bwrock and Colten eat cake momma.” What a sweet boy!

This is going to be a busy and fun week. Work, dinner with friends, & Halloween! Jake is stoked! 




Jake and Ruby


Serious faces

Playing outside - sweet kiddos

Riding the 4-wheeler... what a ham.. 

I love the trees at our house this time of year :)

Playing with Lola

Dress rehearsal, haha! He cracks himself up! 

My dad sent me this from Colorado... ahhh so jealous!

Making cupcakes for his friends


Decorating them...

annnnd eating them :)

Daddy helping him draw on his pumpkins

Yay for party night! :) 

Markers all over his face and hands haha

Picking out his pumpkins....

~Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment