My family

My family

Thursday, October 4, 2012

1 Year

It's been 1 year since I quit my full time job and went part time. It was a year ago this week sometime, not sure of the exact date I just know it was during this week of Oct. It has flown by. I was actually thinking the other day about it and couldn't believe it had already been a year. 

Regrets? NO!!! Not one tiny little regret. Working full time or part time both has pro's and con's. It's whatever has been most important to me that I look at. I've been able to spend a year home with my son, a bonding time I would have never had if I were till working 5 days a week and getting home close to 6 or after. I would basically be seeing him 2 hours a night and on the weekends. In MY eyes and MY heart that was not going to work for me. The first year of Jake's life was extremely hard on me. Postpartum? Uh yea. I know a bunch of people who went through this. It's hard and it's confusing. It wasn't easy on Josh or Jake that I felt the way I did. Bleh! I hate that for women who have to go through it. 

I can finally say I feel almost back to normal. One of my friend's told me right after I had Jake that it takes about 2 years after having a baby to feel right again. I totally agree. Mind, body, and emotionally... (for me anyway). 

So being home with Jake has been such a blessing. I have been able to do so much with him. Don't get me wrong, my life is not roses and rainbows. Only working part time has put a different stress on my family. I have had to step back and stop "going" so much. I can't afford to eat out every single night of the weekend and some during the week. I've had to learn to budget (still learning). Make meal menu's (which is super hard for me - if you know me LOL). Everyday I'm getting better though. Medical insurance - UGH - this almost makes me sick to think about it. I had the BEST insurance ever at my job. Josh's is horrible! I've cried a lot over this, esp when medical bills come in. So... like I said, it hasn't been all smiles and cupcakes. I'm not super mom of the year or anything. I have no patience. Does it sound like I need to go back to work? ha! Jk - I seriously don't regret it. "Keeping up with the Jone's" is not important to me. Who has what and who goes where - I could care less. I definitely enjoy time with our friends and look even more forward to doing things now, when we get to. Such a treat! However; I enjoy my precious time with my baby much much more. My family is the most important thing to me now, so my first job is taking care of them and loving them with all I have! 

No, I don't plan on staying home forever. I am actually thinking about going back to school. I know I've said that in a blog earlier. I had to wait until Oct to call them and look at what classes I have left. I'm excited to start this journey too. I have no idea where it will lead me - but I'm open to new things. I do want to be able to not only provide for Jake's needs but his wants also. Don't take that like I am going to turn my kid into a spoiled brat, that won't be the case. He will know the value of a hard earned dollar'! :) 

I took a few pictures of Jake since he has turned "2". I will leave you with those....

HAHA! Can't a mom just set her kid next to a couple of mums and get a good pic!? 

Love it!

<3 p="p">
:)

Wrangler booty with his cowboy boots on..

Just a boy and an old dump truck ;)

"Momma.. loooooook, a stick"

"You want me to say cheese?" so over these pictures ha!

My favorite little 2 year old! Love him with everything in me!

Happy Thursday ~ Have a great weekend! My lover will be home tonight! woohoo! I actually fixed my hair today! :)

Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment