My family

My family

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The past several days...


A lot has happened in the past week. I don't even know where to start, so I doubt I say a lot about it all. The snow, the passing of my g'pa, and Josh returning home. Bittersweet past several days. I have tons of pictures to upload though... so here they are... my blog in pictures. 


I can not believe how much snow we got in such a short amount of time!

He has that tongue sticking out ;)

Hello brightness... squinty eyes! 

haha - bless his heart, we need to get that boy some better snow gear!

just working in the snow...

Playing with Bo

I don't know what he is doing but this picture makes me laugh real hard!


Licking the snow.. 

beautiful!


Catching flakes in his mouth

Time to warm up...

with hot chocolate and BIG marshmallows! 



Happy Meals :) 


:)

Date night with Ruby... sweet babies

Birthday party ... and playing outside with Ruthy

It's a mustache party! 

So handsome

On Wednesday February 20th, my Nanny sent me a text that she would be quitting work and staying home with my g'pa Jim. His chemo treatment was over and there was still cancer left in his one lung. He has been feeling bad for a while. Him and Nanny did get to come up and eat Catfish Hole a few weekends ago, so that was nice. On Thursday Feb 21, 2013 at 2:45 am my phone rang - I missed the call but woke up to see it was a missed call from Nanny. My heart sank and I already knew what had happened. It happened so fast. My heart is so sad and aches for my Nanny. I went down to her house on Thursday evening to see her. My mom drove down as soon as she got the call and didn't leave Nanny's side until yesterday. Over the weekend they prepared for the funeral and Sunday was Jim's "Celebration of Life" party. That's how he wanted it. There was singing, guitars, food, and drinks. Some of Jim's favorite drinks ;) 

A bench he made - with all his favorite things on it. 

Nanny and Jake. The easel in the background is the one Jim made me. 



The music and crew.... 

Monday was the graveside memorial. It was at the US National Cemetery in FSM. It poured down rain, hail, thunder, and it was FREEZING. All the grand-kids were pallbearers. I'm so so so thankful that Josh came back in town to be here. 

I appreciate all the texts, messages, and prayers from friends and family. I love you all. 

So many wonderful memories with Jim. I'm going to post some pictures when I have time to go through them all. He's been in my life for a long time and seen me through a lot. He will be greatly missed. :( He left us way too soon. 

Yesterday Josh stayed home with me and Jake.... here are a few more pics....


Jake trying out my new slate call ;) 

One of Josh's turkeys.... yes there is another one coming haha... 

This melts my heart, so glad daddy is home. 6 weeks gone was too long for this momma. Jake is telling him in this picture "daddy, I love you, don't go to work" .. talk about heart wrenching!

Here is all the stuff I won from Tradition Outdoors ... they wanted me to send them a picture... I am SO ready to head to Kansas with Josh to try it all out ;) 

It's Wednesday aka hump day! Down hill from here folks!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment