My family

My family

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Now I get it....

Before I became a mom I never understood why other people who were moms got sooooo excited about their kid going potty on the big potty.... I was like "oh cool"... 😳 and "I really didn't want that picture of what was in the potty but congrats on that"....

Jake could care less about the potty... I've tried stickers, sticker charts, candy, suckers, surprises, sang about it, Elmo books, etc. He just looks at me like "your an idiot"... and he flat out tells me "no I not go on the big potty". Frustrating!!!! So I told myself whatever...we'll try again down the road. I know he understands and is so smart, so basically he is being stubborn about it. He doesn't have "time" to stop and pee. He throws a fit if I even change him because it takes away from his play time!!!! Geez.

Today I decided to put his big boy undies on him and told him he had to go on the potty if he wears these. I sat him on it and he told me no. I said "what if we take your potty in the living room where Mickey Mouse is" he liked that idea. So yes, there is a small potty in my living room, don't judge, I do what I have to do. Sooo I sat him back on it and said just try... Thinking to myself "why am I even trying this today"...and all I heard was pee in the potty!!!!!!!! I looked down and asked him while in shock, "did you just pee pee" he said "yea" like no biggie ..... Ok, you moms know the first time this happens you freak out, or I did and I also wanted Jake to know it was a MAJOR deal. I was dancing and jumping up and down and singing a made up song (bc Jake loves those) about him peeing in the potty. I laughed and cried and felt soooo proud.... Jake's exact words were "now I get a ticker" aka sticker) I texted all my friends and family bc HELLO this is a big freakin deal! (I spared a picture though) .... but I now understand the feeling of excitement, the happiness, being proud that your baby is getting big, and all that other stuff! That saying "you have to be a mom to understand it" really hit home today.

Sooooo yes I just did a whole blog over peeing in the potty. I'm freaking stoked! So proud of my little man (even though he peed in his bedroom floor 10 mins after the potty ordeal)... that's ok, it's what the "potty training" is all about. Whew! Lord give me patience :)



Bubble baths are so FUN


My sweet, preacher hair, big lips, BIG BOY!

1 comment: