My family

My family

Sunday, September 23, 2012

"It's a PARTYYY"

Jake woke up from his nap Saturday afternoon and looked out the window and said "It's a partyyyy" with a huge smile on his face :) He was so so excited about his birthday party. We've been talking about it all week, pumping him up for it, naming all his friends that would be there. One morning he was laying in bed with me and I heard him whispering real soft to himself "Brock and Ruby and Colten"... melt. my. heart. 

We've had dozer work and concrete trucks and all kinds of stuff going on at our house this week. Josh has been working from the time his feet hit the floor until he crashes on the couch which has been around 10:30 at night, sometimes without eating... I don't wake him up b/c I know he is exhausted. Poor guy. Good thing Jake's party was "Construction" themed... b/c we still have dozers at the house and dirt everywhere! 

Josh and I worked all day Saturday getting ready for the party and Payton came early to help decorate while I made chili and brownie cupcakes. Later my mom and Russ, Robbie, my dad and Cathy all came out to help me do a few last minute things too. Like I said, it's been chaos at my house all week so we had to pretty much do everything last minute as far as cleaning... we had the party in the shop and it was beyond disgusting! 

Everyone showed up around 4... some later and that was great because the party didn't end until Jake passed out around 11:00 p.m. Payton grilled hot dogs, and I made chili along with other snacks. We had so much fun and ate so much!!! The cake was AHHH-mazing! I can't stop eating the leftovers today. The kids played on the bounce around, ate, ran, ate some more, bounced some more... they all had a permanent dirt ring around their mouth, ha! Jake was overwhelmed. He was so excited he just walked in circles and looked at everything. So sweet. We came in after most everyone had left except for a few friends and family and watched the good ol' Razorbacks... well I didn't... and mostly everyone griped... that's another story though, ha! We ate some more hahaha.. and let the kids play. They were CRAZY! We laughed so hard. Overall, it was such a great day. I'm glad my little man had a super fun birthday party. He is so blessed with friends and family who love him so much. Josh and I are too for that fact :) GOOD GOOD DAY! Love making priceless memories. 

This pic was on his actual birthday (9-15-12) @ Shoguns

They fixed him up a little ice cream ;)

Happy Happy Happy :)))

My baby is 2!!!! *tear

He wouldn't look at the camera lol!

That's about the best picture I could get with his daddy :)

Construction Party!!!!


This cake tasted like a Little Debbie "Ding-Dong" lol! YUUUUUMMMMM!

The candy rocks were delish too! 


He would NOT blow out his candles (shy?!?!)... so hilarious... 

The bounce-around was a huge hit! 
(and my camera skills were horrible... I was way too busy to try to set my manual settings just right.. so disappointed in myself...I don't do well under pressure lol) 

Opening gifts...

Happy 2nd Birthday PARTY little man! It was a great one! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment