My family

My family

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Birthday Week

Recap from last week - I worked Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was my birthday, Thursday was Jake's 18 month bday, and Friday was a day at home. It was a beautiful week and so much fun! On my birthday Jake and I were up early, had breakfast, and were at the creek by 8:30 am. We came in for lunch, Jake had a nap, and I cleaned up the house a little. I was in the middle of sweeping the floor and looked out the window and seen Josh's truck slowly coming down the driveway... then I seen 4-5 balloons flying out the window.. LOL! He is so sweet and so funny. He surprised me and took off at noon, went like 10 diff places picking up lots of goodies and brought them home to me. I was sooooo excited to spend the rest of the day with my boys. We ate Papa's pizza, Sweet Boutique cupcakes... played outside, rode the 4wheeler, listened for turkeys, and fished. It was pretty much the best birthday I've had in a long time. Jake had a blast too. He was wore plum out by that night. He smelled like a fish (b/c he had been playing with the minnows the whole time) and looked like a little mud ball, haha!

On to Jake - can't believe he is 18 months old. 1 1/2 years old! WHAT? When did this happen?  The boy is non-stop, full of energy, doesn't walk... he RUNS everywhere he goes. He is talking a lot. Repeating a lot (eeek) haha. He's sooo smart, so sweet, so stubborn, and boy o' boy does he have a temper. Josh and I knew he would. :) He can tell me what he wants pretty much... either by pointing or coming to get me to show me something. He can say lots and lots of words. We've worked on ABC's the most... I can point out any letter and he can tell me what it is. (almost any letter) "W" is my favorite to hear him say, it's hilarious. Next we will work on #'s and colors. haha. He doesn't tell me what animals are called but he tells me what they all SAY lol...poor Lola, Jake chases her constantly but she loves him just as much! He is all boy, loves trucks, dozers, tractors, 4 wheelers, outside, dirt, rocks, sticks, animals, other kids, etc. He is a lot of fun right now. Still teething - I have no idea what teeth he has b/c it's the biggest fight ever to look in his mouth. ha! Man, he is strong willed. Which is good... but bad for ME right now lol! His eating is probably the biggest thing that wears me out. He is real picky and doesn't eat much right now. Things he used to love he spits out now. He does like spaghetti, fried chicken with ketchup and fries. ha! He loves some fried crappie too. Loves any fruit and any snack.. (yogurt, goldfish, fruit snacks, LOVES sweets like his momma). Not sure how much he weighs.. but its close to 30 lbs. He is real stocky, like a little muscle man, so cute! LOOOOVE my sweet, little hot headed boy! :)

Over the weekend we worked in the yard all day Saturday. Mowed the grass before the flood came, picked up tons of rocks, trimmed some trees, ugh we did a lot. Well Josh did a lot, me and Jake helped some ;) Sunday was my birthday dinner at my momma's. We had burgers, baked beans, fries, and lots of delicious strawberry desserts. WOW did I eat like a champ! Ha! I loved every bit of it. Most of my mom's family was there and Sarah and Ruby came by. Love my family so so so much.

So last night was scary. I usually never worry too much about storms. Idk why I am like that, but last night was the first time I have been scared to death. Josh and I really weren't paying attention to what was going on.... we were in the kitchen talking and laughing and joking around. My mom called Josh's phone and told him there was a tornado heading toward Chester... to take cover. Josh ran through the house getting flash lights, storm radio, etc. In the midst of this panic, I could hear that quiet sound and then a loud whistle, weird sound... I freaked... Josh ran in Jake's room to grab him and the next thing I know power was out...  I was so scared. It didn't last long... but was definitely scary. No damage so far that I see.... lots of things that were once on the back porch are out in the yard. Bo's doghouse is in pieces in the yard, not sure where Bo is?! I see a tree in the field that looks like it was hit. :/ I bet our creek is flooded by the end of the day, hope Josh can make it back in! Thank you Lord for keeping us safe and no major damage though!

My Little Fisherman! 

Daddy showin Jake how to hold the fish :)

Diggin' for minnows!

Never will look at the camera :)

Sweet Ruby

Love these sweeties!
4 wheelin'

My Loves

:)

Creek fun!

LOL had to share this... cracked me up!

Not sure why my phone pics turned out way smaller... ha! Hope everyone has a great week! Stay dry :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Such a sweet birthday weekend. I sure love reading about your sweet family. I was just Thanking God all through the message about how Good he has been to you and your family! What a blessing to see! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Yes God has blessed me so much... sometimes I don't think I deserve it... he has been so so so good to me. Love you!

      Delete