My family

My family

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Rambling

Jake, that boy cracks me up. His personality is awesome. He's so sweet, kind, and hilarious. I love hearing him talk about things that excite him or even  make him mad. He sounds a lot like me when he expresses himself. Scary for me. I have to be careful how things affect me. Mornings are rough. I am not going to lie. I promise myself; tomorrow will be better and then the alarm goes off and I can't get up, which makes us all late, which causes chaos and stress. Jake has no concept of time, why would he? He is 4 and I have to remind myself that often. The kid never wants to sleep, so mornings are hard and he is grouchy. Today his rant was over girls at school. I had to fight back the laughter because I know it was really bothering him. This was our conversation:
 
Jake: I thought my Papa was going to go to school and beat up those girls!!!!!
Me: Papa can't beat up those girls, he was just kidding you. What's the problem with the girls?
Jake: THEY ALWAYS WANT ME TO PLAY ELSA!
Me: (trying hard not to laugh) - Well just tell them you don't want to play that.
Jake: Then they chase me.
Me: They just think you are cute.
Jake: I AM NOT CUTE.
Me: (Laughing) Cute is a good thing, it means you are handsome, pretty, etc.
Jake: I am not pretty, that's for girls.
Me: They want to chase you and kiss you.
Jake: Well they do kiss me.
 
BAHAHA
 
It's something everyday. He's a little dramatic. Here lately, if I tell him "no" to something, the response I get is "I NEVER get to play that" "I NEVER get to have any fun" I never.... "
 
He's super jealous of Will, I think now that Will is older and into everything, playing, etc.. it's hard on Jake. Makes me sad but I know they love each other SO much. Jake will adjust more and more but I have to figure out how to balance the both of them. I'm still learning too. Parenting is hard! I never know if I am doing the right thing but I try! Speaking of, the director of Jake's school emailed me a few weeks ago to brag on Jake and tell me what a wonderful job Josh and I are doing. BEST COMPLIMENT EVER. I cried. That was the second email we received over Jake in the last month. His teacher also bragged on him too. So of course I am bragging now. I am so proud of that boy. Even if he is dramatic at home LOL! He knows how to act when he is around other people besides us. He's super attached to his dad still. Friday night him and Will stayed with Nana, and Jake was telling her " I miss my dad, I want my dad, I NEVER get to see my dad" .... poor kid. He may be one who doesn't want to spend the night with a friend b/c he will miss us too much. Me and Josh leave tonight to go out of town for the rest of the week. I'm worried obviously. I think Jake will be fine with my mom though. WILL - another story. I have never left him. He stayed with Nana Friday  night but Josh stayed there with him too. HA! SO that doesn't count. I'm excited and nervous.
 
Will, he is crazy boy. His personality is showing a lot and it's GREAT! He is more of a ham than Jake was. So that's tellin ya - he's a super ham b/c Jake's pretty funny too. Will loves to babble but in a yelling voice. I'm like woah dude, stop yelling at us! He laughs and laughs, his smile is contagious. Those boys are MY EVERYTHING.


No comments:

Post a Comment