My family

My family

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Thursday :)

What a great past week! Jake and I have spent a lot of time together. He has been so good and so much fun. He is getting those darn two year molars right now and even through all of that he has been a sweet boy. 

Rewind to this past weekend. I was off work on Friday and spent the day with Jake. Friday night we took Jake to Kikki’s and headed up the hill to see Miranda Lambert with some of my favorites ;) It was a blast… Miranda never disappoints. Saturday night I went to Altus with the fam’ to eat birthday dinner… it was delish as always. The only mishap was my Nanny’s little grouchy dog biting Jake on the arm. Needless to say, I was one mad momma! Jake is fine. It scared him and he cried pretty hard. I know it hurt him but she barely got him… more like a pinch on the arm. It was in a tender place though, poor kiddo. It’s been a funny story telling event this past week though. We will ask Jake “what happened to your arm?” and he says “her name…toot toot… bite you!” HAHA!!!!!!!! We laugh so hard at him.

Sunday we went to Lowes and ran some other errands, Heather and Cole came up and hung out with us. Jake is attached to his aunt “Heaber” right now. Of course, she is LOVING it… haha! This morning when I dropped him off at Nana’s, he cried for Heaber….I promised him we would see her this weekend. I think he just loves her big new house that has a million rooms to run to and from! ;)

This week we have played at home, watched movies, played cars/trucks, colored, rode 4 wheelers, fished, played in the dirt, etc etc etc..and visited family. I sure do miss him already today! He’s already been saying all new sentences this week…making me laugh. What a cutie!

Have I mentioned I love this weather??? Missing my back porch right now though since Josh tore it down. However; I am beyond excited for our new patios to be built! Ready to enjoy my coffee this fall and buy new fall plants to sit around and look at haha! 

So Josh told me last week that he wouldn't be here on Jake's birthday. GAH! That was ok - his birthday falls on opening day of bow season, CC fair, and the big AR- AL game. Mom was going out of town the weekend after, so we had no choice but to plan his party the week before. I sent the invites.. and two days later Josh tells me "they changed my leave date for the weekend of the 8th." REALLY? Frick! I had to tell everyone the party had changed. Geez. WHAT an ordeal. We are having his party the week after his actual birthday now. Mom doesn't have to leave for her trip until that Sunday. WHEW. Plus, I got a few texts yesterday that the new date worked better for other people and they get to come now! Yay! Blessing in disguise I would say. 

Randm: I am SO stoked for Big Brother tonight! 

This weekend we are staying around the house to work on projects. Low key = I like!
Have a good one my friends!
~Lindsey


Josh Jr. 

Watching a movie with Aunt Shae (can you tell he is teething... fingers in mouth)

I love to climb!!!!!

Nah, they don't look alike! ;) 

checkin out the perch dad caught.. love those boys!


So sweet
What a fun crowd! 

Enjoying ML concert with my handsome man!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious little boy with a fun, sweet, and beautiful mommy and daddy!!

    ReplyDelete