My family

My family

Monday, April 16, 2012

Gobble Gobble

So last week Josh was gone to Kansas turkey hunting. He had a blast and killed him some turkeys! That’s what I had for dinner and lunch today ha! Good stuff. While he was gone, I had a rough week. Kinda. Lola, my poor little doggy was sick. I’m not sure what’s worse – sick dog or sick kid!? It was miserable. Anyway, she is feeling better.

Thursday night was the Luke Bryan concert! OMG so much fun! I love that good lookin’ man! Mmmm mmmm!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a blast! Friday Josh came home and we got in bed early and was ready for turkey hunting in AR Saturday morning. Josh wasn’t lucky – probably because I bumped him out of his sweet spot where he has been seeing and hearing them HA! Oh the things he does for his wife ;) Me, Mike, and Lance took off after a bird we had located – we would have been done at 7:00 am…but we were a bench too high and busted him off the roost. Dangit. So needless to say, we had to chase him for a good part of the morning. At one point I was trying to keep up with Mike and we were in a dead sprint through the woods… I started laughing out loud, so hard, it was just hilarious to me! I guess that running paid off though! Mike snuck up on it before I could and that turkey seen him so he had to take a shot. I’m pretty much hooked. It is way more fun than deer hunting...action packed and much more my pace HA! I am looking for a babysitter this Tues & Wed so I can go?!?! haha!

My mom and Russell are in Florida right now. They are celebrating their birthdays (today and tomorrow)! LUCKY! She is sending me pictures and videos. I wish I was there! I need to plan a vaca!
The rest of our weekend was lazy….we stopped by little miss H’s bday party at the last minute.. I was so tired but I knew Jake wanted to see some friends ;) haha! He had fun jumping on the trampoline … so sweet. That’s our next investment.

Jake is growing so fast. He is saying his ABC’s even when he is lying in his crib… I can hear him on the monitor LOL! He is counting to 5 with no help. So dang sweet. He counts the “bak bak’s” (aka chickens) out the window… I pray he is smarter than me! haha! School was not my thing.

This week is already busy and today has definitely been a Monday. I’m so ready to go HOME!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Luke Bryan Concert! 

 love this girl! 

AND I LOVE THIS MAN! HA!

 Awesome show!!!

OK - so we took Jake to try his first Mountain-burger at the good ole' Dairy Dump - I pretty much grew up here in the summers! He loved it too! ;)

Josh and Chancy the first morning in Kansas - they killed more later that day! I can't wait to go next!

Opening day - the bird we RAN after! ;) FUN FUN STUFF! 101/2 " beard


No comments:

Post a Comment