My family

My family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Prayers

First of all, I want to just thank God for my blessings. Mine and my family’s health mostly but the list goes on and on for what I am grateful for. It’s sad to say that when tragedy happens around you, you stop and think “Thank you God for MY blessings”…when we should be thanking him every day. I fall short of this ALWAYS and it saddens me. I’m just asking for unspoken prayers right now for a dear friend of mine. She is going through some really rough times right now. A tragic death and health issues within her family. God give her strength to get through this.
Also, still praying for a co-worker… that her hearing will come back. She said her little boy was singing in the back of the car and she couldn’t hear him and he was asking “mommy can you hear me” :( breaks my heart. She is too young.

I am no saint, nor do I have any place to preach to anyone or be all “holier than thou” – but I just wish people would stop complaining about the petty things in life and look at all of their blessings. Me, being one of those people. Facebook AKA DEVILBOOK is where I am starting too – I am getting on less and less. It’s so negative and I’m so tired of people and their selfishness and hypocriticalness. Basically it’s a Debbie Downer @ times and I just want positive/happy thoughts. I still love looking at kiddo’s pics tho!

On a happier ending… I want to give a shout out to my lovely husband. ;) No, he is not perfect, no, he doesn’t do the sweetest things sometimes, and he annoys me some… but he is my best friend and he is one heck of a daddy. Jake looks up to him so much, and so do I. Josh is so easy to talk to and he always knows just what to say to make you feel better. I respect him and am proud of him. Jake is a lucky little boy.

Everyday Josh let's Jake put all the "change" in the change jar!

This makes Jake super happy


Sweet baby


I had to post this b/c it's hilarious (to me) - Josh drinks out of a measuring cup sometimes (weirdo) haha and Jake must have seen him, so he was doing the same thing.... omg he's funny!


gotta be like his daddy :)


OH I almost forgot - we went to get his booster flu shot yesterday and good ole' mom here forgot about his 15 mo checkup and shots... so we had to get those too (a month and half later). Jake was not HAPPY. Nor was I b/c Josh wasn't with me to hold Jake down, so I had to do it and I cried. It was horrible... but it was ok like 2 seconds afterwards haha. He is almost 3 ft tall and weighs 27 lbs. Perfect healthy baby boy, thank you Lord for my sweet sweet blessing!











1 comment:

  1. Over the past few months, through Andrew's diagnosis and through Peyton's drowning, I have learned to always be thankful for whatever happens - the good, the bad, the ugly - all of it. We have no way of knowing how long God will let us borrow our sweet angels. Every moment with them is a gift. Every good thing comes from God and every night when I pray with Andrew, we thank Him for it all.

    ReplyDelete