My family

My family

Monday, September 21, 2015

I have a 5 year old!

September 15, 2015 Jake turned 5.
 
How is it possible that I have a 5 year old? I literally feel like he was just born yesterday. I know every mom has those feelings. Why does time go so fast? :(
 
I can't say enough how proud I am of Jake. I don't want to be the "braggy" parent and I don't mean to be, but my child amazes me most of the time. He is very ornery too though, and has trouble listening LOL! But he is sooooo sweet. His teachers and others brag on him, which make me even more proud of him for being so kind to others.
 
He was definitely jealous of Will when we brought him home but has never once been mean to him. He has learned how to be the best big brother ever. He loves Will like no other and misses him when he stays with grandparents and Will stays home. He plays with him and makes him laugh, he protects him, he shares (well sometimes lol) ... but it just makes my heart explode watching them together. Yes, they already fight, and Will is very mean, LOL.. but most of the time they get along. If Will gets hurt, Jake is very upset. If Will gets in trouble, Jake is upset. Sweet, tender hearted boy.
 
So, to my sweet Jake;
 
Happy Birthday baby! A WHOLE HAND! #5! You have no idea how much momma loves you. You stole my heart the first time I heard yours beat. You changed my world forever, for the best. Every year, you grow up too fast. You seem older than 5. You speak so well, and carry on adult conversations. You care, and give, and love with a heart bigger than most adults. I don't want to rush your life, I want you to stay little... but I can already see BIG plans for your future. God is going to use you in amazing ways. You are so smart, sometimes I wonder where you got it LOL! I pray you always love to learn and love to read. You are eager to do things by yourself. You want to do them and want me to praise you ..."mom I want you to see I already brushed my teeth and tell me thanks because you didn't have to ask me to" ... haha! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH JAKE! Keep learning, loving, caring, and giving as BIG as you do. You will go far in life!

 

Pre Birthday pie at Nana's

:)

Birthday dinner with mom and dad...

Your choice "Shoguns" .. and having a non-alcohol strawberry daiquiri lol 

Your dessert was pretty awesome too!

Your new surprise "trampoline" .. you and Will love it ;)

Transformer Party ... so much fun!
 

The first time I've forgot a candle. :/ lol (sorry)
 
Until next year little man.....
 
Your 5th birthday was a blast! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment