My family

My family

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Decisions!!!

All our lives we make decisions... big and small! Being a grown up is hard! My sister, Payton, seventeen, young, and thinking life is so hard, she makes me laugh. I know she doesn't know...and the things that are hard for her, they really are hard (at the time). I try to tell her to slow down and enjoy this precious time in her life because it gets harder and harder the older you get and being done with school and working is not easy. She can't wait to get out of high school and go off to college... esp for the social life! I told her just today "You BETTER finish school, make good grades, and focus on what's important"! She laughs at me b/c I treat her like my kid or something. I just don't want her to make the mistakes I have! ;) I wish I could have finished school... but oh well! What's done is done! Maybe God had/has different plans for me.

I've been a mother for a year now. Best DECISION I've ever made! I've been struggling with the choice to stay home or to keep working, I say struggle b/c of money, budgeting, and how tough life is nowadays. More than anything I want to raise my child and spend these precious times with him and have these memories... that will slip away so fast.... I want to have every memory with him! Or try to have! :) I've been praying and asking my family and close friends for their thoughts/prayers. I have an amazing job with benefits that blow most people's out of the water! I barely pay anything a month for insurance and they cover 90%. I just got a raise and I will get more vaca days next year. BUT after many nights of worrying, crying, talking, fighting, sadness, for the past year...I've finally made the choice to stay home. I gave my notice. I was sad but SO happy all at once. I know I gripe about my job a lot... but who doesn't?! Who loves getting up and going to work? I really don't know of anyone!? They offered me part time (maybe) so I am going to think some more over this. MORE decisions! I have a lot of support and I am thankful for my family who is behind me.

Soo... if anyone wonders "where is Lindsey" - I will be in the mountains... not coming to town much! ha! My nights out - will involve going to see someone at their house! ;) I'll bring brownies. LOL!

No pictures today - just wanted to share my news (which I haven't told many at all.. don't want to make a big deal out of it).

~Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. I think thats wonderful Lindsey!! :-) Congrats to you!! Jake will be one happy lil man being able to have his mama all day every day!!! Everything else will work itself out and fall into place!! :-) Yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete